Job ID: 141523018
3 - 5 years
Oregon Coast Dreamin’
South Coast ESD is located on the southern Oregon coast and serves ten local school districts from Reedsport to Brookings. With plentiful outdoor activities including beach combing, hiking and water sports and local community events like the crab fest, music festivals and the Prefontaine Memorial Run our community boasts opportunities to get outside, get involved and be active.
South Coast ESD has a staff of 115 serving approximately 16,000 students in the region. Our organization’s vision is “Together We Can” and focuses on four guiding principles; quality service, professionalism, growth and sustainability.
The Business Manager position provides fiscal guidance and support to both South Coast ESD and its component districts. Working alongside the Superintendent and the Management team, the Business Manager is an integral part of the development of organizational systems and programs.
If you are interested in being a part of a dynamic team that provides innovative and important services to students, families, districts and our community we invite you to apply for our Business Management position.
BUSINESS MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
Lead the planning, organizing, direction and management of the overall financial and business functions to assure the District's financial well-being; support ESD and component District operations and assure compliance with relevant federal and state laws and regulations.
Nature and Scope of Work:
Performs work of a varied nature in accordance with State budget law, District policies and regulations, and established accounting practices and guidelines. May supervise employees in the following positions; budgeting, purchasing, internal auditing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, financial software programs, project and grant accounting.
Qualified Applicants should apply online and include:
- Cover Letter – tell us about your related experience and why you would be a good fit.
- Three current letters of recommendation; including names, titles, addresses, home and office phone numbers
- Any other supportive materials
- Initial Application Deadline: December 1, 2017 or when filled
- Projected Start Date: As soon as possible
- 260 day contract
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Term life and long-term disability insurance
- Professional development program and tuition reimbursement
- Salary estimate based on 17/18 schedule: $85,000 - $95,000 depending upon experience
- Record of increasingly responsible fiscal leadership positions
- A minimum of 5 years' experience: developing and managing an operating budget for a complex entity; developing and implementing fiscal policies and procedures; advising management regarding fiscal matters; developing short and long-range plans; assessing training needs and conducting training; developing and presenting financial reports;
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in accounting functions such as general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and project accounting, supervision of employees desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Accounting or equivalent experience
- Experience conducting financial statement audits of local governments within the last ten years; or, experience and understanding of governmental accounting, accounting for federal grants and an understanding of how the Federal Office of Management and Budget’s circular A-133 applies to our entity
- Experience assessing, implementing and testing internal controls across many functions
- Experience preparing complex financial statements and managing the audit of financial statements from the “client” side
- Knowledge of Oregon Budget Law or the ability to obtain that knowledge
- Demonstrated skill in cash management, cash flow analysis, investments and other treasury management skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide positive and enthusiastic leadership and evaluate effectiveness of operations
- Flexible, able to juggle a variety of priorities and remain organized and focused
- High ethical and professional standards, integrity, firm in personal values and direction, strength of character
- Demonstrates genuine respect and support for the staff, students, and parents; respects the culture and heritage of educational organizations