Job ID: 159692063
Matrix Providers is conducting a nationwide search for a Controller with government contracting experience to join our corporate team. This is an excellent remote career opportunity for a Controller to work out of a home-based office in the Dayton, OH area, San Antonio, TX area, Huntsville, AL area, and St. Louis, MO area.
The qualifications for the Controller are as follows:
• 10+ years of progressive experience, with at least 3 years’ experience in government contracting environment is required
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance preferred
• Certified Public Accountant preferred
• Experience with preparing financial statements
• Experience with general ledger processing and the month-end/year end close process
• Experience with the McNamara-O’Hara Service Contract Act (SCA) of 1965 a plus
• Have a solid understanding of federal contracting and GAAP, and working knowledge of FAR, CAS, and DCAA requirements
• Certified Public Accountant preferred
• Strong accounting system experience, JAMIS or similar project accounting software preferred
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel to include the use of pivot tables and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Experience with Wide Area Workflow (WAWF/iRAPT)
• Self-starter in a home office environment, highly motivated, able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure and changing priorities
• Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), ability to work in a team environment and drive inter-departmental cooperation and solutions
• Ability to work and manage in a virtual environment where team members may be remotely located
• Individual must have discipline to work in this work environment and needs to be reliable and readily available always throughout the work day
The responsibilities for the Controller are not limited to the following:
• Oversees and directs all aspects of the finance and accounting function including general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, banking, fixed assets, financial analysis and reporting
• Manages month-end and year-end closings in an accurate and timely manner, including audit activity
• Manages budgeting, forecasting, cash management and banking functions
• Advises and assists with choosing, implementing and maintaining financial systems to maintain effective controls and streamline business processes
• Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures, continuously identify areas of weakness and implement improvements in internal controls
• Provide for a system of management cost reports and ensure compliance with federal cost accounting standards and acquisition regulations as applicable
• Manages tax compliance with all federal, state, local, corporate, payroll and other applicable taxes
• Assures that business risk is covered through insurance carriers and brokers
• Responsible for financial analysis and reporting
• Identifies and directs other projects to improve the operational and financial health of the organization
• Prepare and present a monthly financial review to corporate leadership
• Provides Financial Leadership
• Serves as financial steward for the business
• Assists CFO with decisions that affect operations and profitability
• Maintains high standard of fiscal integrity of the business
• Represents financial position of business internally and to corporate leadership in a timely and accurate manner
Matrix Providers, Inc.
Next Generation Medical Staffing
Matrix pioneers the next generation of government medical staffing, delivering 99+% performance to the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs. We import the newest advanced practices of the commercial staffing industry to catalyze our government work. Matrix was created for, and remains committed to, the... Next Generation Medical Staffing
Matrix pioneers the next generation of government medical staffing, delivering 99+% performance to the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs. We import the newest advanced practices of the commercial staffing industry to catalyze our government work. Matrix was created for, and remains committed to, the principles of integrity, collaboration and high-performance synergy among our medical professionals and the facilities, agencies and beneficiaries we serve.
Matrix Providers delivers fully-vetted and stable medical staff every time, every day. With exceptionally high-powered recruiting, the latest technology and personal customer service, Matrix brings an agile personnel stream integrated with wider and faster searches on a national scale. As a leader in our industry, and a magnet for top talent, our success speaks for itself, from top 10% performance among peer companies to our 99.8% fill rate. Put Matrix to work for you today.
Your Professional Career
Finding the best job among many opportunities is a real challenge. At Matrix, we take that on with you. Our superb recruiters, credentialers, program managers and Human Resources staff offering multiple choices across our many contracts, preparing you for government work, transitioning to other positions within the government sector, referring and recommending you to our commercial and government colleague companies, standing with you in your work, and providing best-in-class compensation and benefits.
Still In ServiceTM : Matrix hosts an innovative program to enhance the government phase of your career. Our government-experienced Providers are exceptionally valuable members of the national medical staffing ecosystem, and Matrix is the perfect program to start or enhance this very resume- or CV-enriching experience. We make sure that every Matrix Provider is, or becomes, fluent in the populations, facilities, locations, medical delivery styles, credentialing, privileging, security, logistics and especially the culture of government medical staffing. Once familiar, most of our Providers prefer to stay. Still In ServiceTM certifies you as a government-experienced Provider, a valuable credential in any career.
• Dental Plan • Vision Plan
• 401(k), 401(a) • Life insurance coverage • Long- and short-term disability
• Paid time off per your contract • Standard holidays