CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Do you like the responsibilities of financial leadership and making a difference in the world around you? Rural Neighborhoods is seeking a Chief Financial Officer or Vice President of Accounting to join our reputable IRS 501(C)(3) charitable organization’s senior management team. Our national award-winning organization is headquartered in Miami-Dade County, Florida, revitalizes neighborhoods and builds and operates more than 1,800 affordable and workforce rental apartments throughout Florida from the Florida Keys to Gainesville. ...and, for the tax-crunching CPA, Florida, too, is an income tax-free state!
Established in 1982, Rural Neighborhoods has grown substantially in recent annual periods and expects 25%+ growth through 2023. It is a dynamic organization that strives to follow best practices while always continuing to evolve. You would join a group of 50 diverse co-workers who have passion for their work and a strong commitment to bettering their communities. Our current growth will provide exciting opportunities for all our employees.
DO NOT MESSAGE ANYBODY WITHIN RURAL NEIGHBORHOODS OTHER THAN STEVEN KIRK, PRESIDENT OF RURAL NEIGHBORHOODS.
- Head the Financial and Accounting department of our charitable organization supervising staff accountants and assistants.
- Oversee all major accounting department activities including, but not limited to review and approval of annual operating and capital improvement budgets, operating expense reconciliations, AP/AR activities, Payroll Review, Major Business and Expense Reimbursements.
- Collaborate with the other corporate divisions including Property and Asset Management and Real Estate Development.
- Financial Oversight - Review and analysis of all business entities to maximize profitability and eliminate waste.
- Investor Communications and Reporting - Preparation of quarterly financial reports and investor communication.
- New Development and Acquisitions Financial Due Diligence - Underwriting and pro forma cash flow analysis and modeling.
- Lender relations – Reviewing new financing for property acquisition, refinancing existing loans and routine financial reporting compliance.
- Tax Accounting - Annual financial review, submittal of financial information and communications with external tax accountants.
- Human Resources Management – Coordinate with Professional Employment Organization and other providers to comply with HR best practices, company policies and procedures.
- An understanding of commercial real estate accounting, preferably some experience in either real estate development or property management accounting.
- Highly Organized and able to meet weekly, monthly and annual responsibilities on a timely basis.
- Strong computer skills - Must be expert in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication skills – Firm, assertive and professional; preferably with prior experience in tenant collections.
- Bilingual – Spanish is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Expected Rage $100,000 - $125,000 or Salary Commensurate with Experience.
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Vision Insurance
Accounting: 6 years (Required