Wolf is seeking an experienced Tax Leader to join and lead our Corporate Tax Department within our growing and well-established regional firm. This leadership role requires a motivated, experienced tax professional with strong interpersonal and management skills. This high-profile position will provide leadership, management, and training and development to all team members to drive the implementation of best practices.
- Lead and grow a practice of business clients, primarily C corporations in diverse industries including Technology, Manufacturing, Distribution & Retail, and Financial Services
- Plan, execute, and deliver innovative federal and state tax planning, consulting and compliance expertise to clients
- Conduct tax research related to federal and state income taxes, including consolidated/unitary filing requirements and ASC 740 and FIN 48
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through open communication, managing expectations, meeting deadlines and proactively sharing tax saving strategies
- Work closely with the Tax department on client management, professional development and business development activities
- Manage, develop, train and mentor tax associates
- Utilize entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally to acquire new clients, projects, and revenue. Actively participate in request for proposals to pursue additional clients/services for the firm
- CPA certification with at least 10 years of tax experience
- Expertise in ASC 740 and FIN 48, federal and state incentives, and consolidated tax returns
- Strong technical skills pertaining to tax preparation and review, tax compliance, agency correspondence and tax research
- Ability to attract and develop profitable, sustainable client relationships
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills fostering client and staff relationships
- Demonstrated versatility and resilience to effectively work and lead remotely as needed
Wolf & Company, P.C. is committed to striving to be an employer of choice that embraces inclusion & diversity. At Wolf, the strength of our team is measured by the uniqueness of each and every one of us. Our culture of inclusion and diversity celebrates our differences and recognizes the ongoing need to build a welcoming, collaborative, and supportive environment where our people can be their authentic selves and thrive. We strive for diversity inclusive of race, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, education, social classes, veteran status, and so much more.