With over 30 years of experience, Johnson Lambert is one of the nation's largest insurance-focused firms that provides audit, tax and consulting services. We pride ourselves on the excellent reputation we have achieved while serving our clients in the insurance, nonprofit, and employee benefit plan industries.
We are seeking a responsible Accounting Support Team Lead looking for an exciting opportunity to build and develop our Paraprofessional Practice. The ideal candidate is able to guide, coach and train employees and develop and update a strategic plan for the Paraprofessional Practice. You need to be well versed in paraprofessional skills and processes, and be results driven. As the Accounting Support Team Lead you will be collaborating with the Paraprofessional Practice Lead to build your team from the ground up, which will focus on accounting work that is specialized and complex in nature, including the preparation, maintenance, and analysis of financial and statistical records and reports.
As part of the Johnson Lambert team, you'll work in an environment where your entrepreneurial spirit will thrive as you build your skills, enhance your leadership opportunities and collaborate with a highly motivated workforce.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and maintain compliance with firm policies and procedures.
- Some familiarity with data processing accounting systems & basic accounting principles, procedures, and terminology.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software applications with assistance and training
- Effective interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface with clients, personnel and service providers at all levels.
- Ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities and organize workflow.
- Work collaboratively with Administrative and Professional Teams.
- Follow written and oral directions and instructions and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; maintain client confidentiality.
Works Collaboratively with engagement team members to perform and oversee paraprofessional work:
- Execute, supervise and review accounting work performed by paraprofessional personnel, such as, but not limited to:
- Preparing audit workpapers
- Client Onboarding
- Preparing engagement correspondence and deliverables
- Create and automate audited financial statements; Analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of financial statements, documents, analyses, and reports for audit.
- Track Business Associate Agreements (BAA) and Nondisclosure Agreements (NDA).
- May operate automated systems and troubleshoot problems related to the production of reports and related documents; performs related duties as assigned.
- Plan work in appropriate priorities and sequences
Build & Develop the Paraprofessional Practice:
- Collaborate with Paraprofessional Practice Lead, Quality Control, Human Resources, and other Department Leads to build the Paraprofessional Practice.
- Develop and update the Paraprofessional Practice strategic plan and direct and allocate resources based on priorities.
- Spearhead and update the paraprofessional workflow process, including the identification of processes that could be automated.
- As the Paraprofessional Practice is built, you will ultimately be responsible for:
- Directing the vision, goals and responsibilities of the Paraprofessional Practice to support growing needs of the firm
- Supervising, training, mentoring and evaluating paraprofessional staff.
- Setting goals for performance and deadlines in compliance with firm plans and vision.
- Organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Proactively communicating with appropriate management regarding work status and schedule requirements
- Contribute to a positive work environment by building strong working relationships at peer, mentor and team levels including supporting and fostering firm culture.
- Develop skills through on the job experience and formal channels such as webinars, seminars and in-house training.
Experience & Desired Education
- Certified Accounting Paraprofessional or Certified Accounting Analyst preferred
- Associate’s degree with 5+ years of experience or bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 3+ years of experience in an Accounting or Business field and/or relevant college level units with work experience to demonstrate knowledge in audit.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent editing, proofreading and grammar skills
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Prior experience with CaseWare, Confirmation and DocuSign preferred, but not required
- Ability to work flexible schedule during audit busy season (February through June)
- Remote work experience preferred, but not required.
- Prior management or team leadership experience preferred.
**Cover letter is required to apply for this position and should include answers to application questions below:
- What is the most successful team you have been involved with? Why was it successful?
- Describe an initiative that you executed in a leadership role. What were the benefits and challenges you experienced?